Local Information: Lodging, Camping, and Airports
If you are a Tahoe business wanting to offer a discount on lodging to our runners, please email Racedirector@destinationtrailrun.com
Closest Airports for Tahoe 100k, 25k, 200mile: Reno, Nevada and Sacramento, CA are both about 1.5 hours from the race.
Closest Towns to 200 mile race: Homewood CA (start/finish), Tahoe City CA (10 mins north), Kings Beach CA (30 mins north), and South Lake Tahoe CA (55 mins away), Squaw Valley (40 minutes away), Truckee CA (50 minutes away).
- (VRBO website) is a great place to look. Look up: Homewood CA (start/finish), Tahoe City CA (10 mins north), Kings Beach CA (30 mins north), and South Lake Tahoe CA (55 mins away). https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/lake-tahoe-ca/west-shore/homewood
- Granlibakken Tahoe are offering Tahoe 200 Runners a 10% discount on lodging for this event! Call and reserve now as they have limited rooms available!! Just have to mention the tahoe 200 mile endurance run (530) 581 7311 http://granlibakken.com/room-types/
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel in South Lake Tahoe, CA is offering club members a discount, use the group code: TAHOE200 for booking event week. The hotel is 55 mins from the start of the race but very conveniently located in South Lake if you have crew that will be needing a good night’s rest. http://www.tahoeresorthotel.com/
- Northstar Resort in Truckee, CA. 35 mins from the start of the race. Northstar is offering a discount to Tahoe 200 members and their friends/family!
- Camping: Blackwood Canyon (right by Homewood), Kaspian Recreation Area (very close by), William Kent Campground (very close by), Sugar Pine Point State Park (a little south of start), Meeks Bay Campground (a little south of start), D.L. Bliss State Park (South Lake, great campground/showers, etc). Also try googling campgrounds Lake Tahoe, there are lots of options. https://www.yelp.com/search?start=0&cflt=campgrounds&l=g:-119.9516614961426,39.248569983581746,-120.3636488008301,38.92879836893557
- Tahoe City (10 mins away)
- King’s Beach (30 mins away, North Lake Tahoe area)
- Truckee (35 mins away, but not on the lake, north west of the lake)
- South Lake Tahoe (55 mins away, but hotels will be cheapest here, possibly also good location for crews to stay)
- Incline Village (40 mins away, northeast side of the lake in Nevada).
Try a program like Yelp to get reviews on hotels.