Local Information: Lodging, Camping, and Airports
If you are a Tahoe business wanting to offer a discount on lodging to our runners, please email Racedirector@destinationtrailrun.com
Closest Airports for Tahoe 100k, 25k, 200mile & Festival: Reno, Nevada and Sacramento, CA are both about 1.5 hours from the race. We recommend Reno location.
Enjoying the Tahoe 200 Running Festival just got easier. We’re thrilled to partner with a handful of local lodging properties to offer both our runners and their support network with great options for nearby accommodations. Visit the page below to learn more and get the most out of your trip:
Closest Towns to 200 mile race: Homewood CA (start/finish), Tahoe City CA (10 mins north), Kings Beach CA (30 mins north), and South Lake Tahoe CA (55 mins away), Squaw Valley (40 minutes away), Truckee CA (50 minutes away).
- (VRBO or Air bnb website) is a great place to look. Look up: Homewood CA (start/finish), Tahoe City CA (10 mins north), Kings Beach CA (30 mins north), and South Lake Tahoe CA (55 mins away).
- Camping: Blackwood Canyon (right by Homewood), Kaspian Recreation Area (very close by), William Kent Campground (very close by), Sugar Pine Point State Park (a little south of start), Meeks Bay Campground (a little south of start), D.L. Bliss State Park (South Lake, great campground/showers, etc). Also try googling campgrounds Lake Tahoe, there are lots of options.
- Tahoe City (10 mins away)
- King’s Beach (30 mins away, North Lake Tahoe area)
- Truckee (35 mins away, but not on the lake, north west of the lake)
- South Lake Tahoe (55 mins away, but hotels will be cheapest here, possibly also good location for crews to stay)
- Incline Village (40 mins away, northeast side of the lake in Nevada).